Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

3D Text CD Cover


So I recently got a new album, but I couldn't  find a decent album art online, so i thought I'd create my own.
A simple CD cover with a 3D text effect.

I started off in Illustrator, creating squares and removing sections to form the letters, spacing them proportionally.
Then, moving over into Photoshop, I duplicated the layer, enlarged it, lowered the opacity for visibilty, and started joining the bottom layer to the top one using the colour of the bottom layer. Sounds more complicated than it actually is.
 Bringing the opacity back to it's 100% and changing the colour slightly gives the text it's full effect.
Small touch-ups might be necessary to make sure they look clean and on the same layer, even though they are two seperate layers.

I then got my dimensions for the CD cover, created a cool, party-like image which was not too over-powering.
Pasting the text into the image, changing the colour and adding a grunge effect to the lettering completes the CD cover. 

Quick, simple and effective!

Here is another example I created using the 3D text effect:


2 comments:

  1. Awesome work Keith :D looking forward to seeing more of your stuff in the time to come. What are you doing now that you've left SDC?

    __________________________________________________
    http://ironicallydelicious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete